Half the fun of reading a good book is telling others about it. This blog is about spreading the joys and sorrows I experience when reading I post book reviews every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The books I read are given to me as gifts, I buy myself, or are borrowed from my local library or Scribd. I do accept review copies from authors, publishers, and publicists.
You Should Know…
- All reviews will be honest, but fair. If a book doesn’t appeal to me, I will give it a one- or two-star rating (see rating system below) and fairly explain why.
- I will only review books that I’ve actually read. This might mean suffering through a few hundred pages but then I get to write about the torture.
- I have the right to decline review offers, but I will respond to every request I receive. If you do not hear from me within two (2) weeks, feel free to contact me again and let me know that it’s the second time you’re reaching out to me.
- I’m open to reading most genres, but I’m most interested in these genres: sci-fi, drama, mystery, young adult fiction, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, business skills non-fiction, historical fiction, poetry, memoir, dystopian fiction, and some young adult fiction. (Please note: I will not accept any erotica, vampire fiction, or explicit genres. It’s just not my cup of coffee.)
- I suggest looking at my Goodreads to see what kinds of books interest me.
- In addition to my blog, I will post the reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.
- The books may take up to a couple of months before I post the review on my blog and elsewhere depending on how many books I have in my queue ahead of you.
If You’re an Author or Publisher…
1. I accept PDF files of the book, Kindle versions, and print copies.
2. I accept self-published books.
3. I mention in my reviews how I receive all my books. I will note I “received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.”
4. At the end of each review, I will add a quick blurb about the author. (Please note: I will only do this if social media links and a brief bio is given to me when contacting me about a review.)
5. Please take a look at previous book reviews I’ve done to get a feel for how I do things.
6. Please use the contact form below to pitch a book. Otherwise, the request will be overlooked. Please remember that you’re pitching me your book. This does not mean I will definitely accept the book to be read and reviewed.
When contacting me, please include…
- Title and author
- A brief summary
- Why you chose me to read and review your work
If accepted for review, I will ask for…
- An image of the book cover
- A PDF file of the manuscript
- Links to the book on Goodreads and Amazon
- Optional: Links to the author’s website and social media
- Optional: A brief bio of the author and a JPEG image of the author
1. If you’re not an author or publisher and would just like to recommend a book you think I might like, feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.
2. When recommending a book, please include the title and author’s name so I may easily find it. It would also be helpful if you left a link to Amazon or Goodreads, but a title and author are all I need.
3. I will review books that are recommended to me, but please note that recommendations may take a while to read and review for various reasons: when and where I receive a copy of the book or how many books I already have lined up (from authors or otherwise).
I will rate every book I review using the five-star rating system:
I absolutely loved it. I would recommend the book.
I liked it. I would recommend the book.
It was okay. I may recommend the book.
I didn’t like it, but I could tolerate it. I would not recommend the book.
I didn’t like it at all. I would not recommend the book.
After you’ve read the above information, use the contact form below if…
- You’re an author or publisher and would like me to review your book.
- You have a book recommendation for me